Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meringue Cookies and More

I'm tired, well no wonder it's midnight on a Friday night I suppose I should be sleeping. I just made the most perfect meringue cookies using a modified version of t recipe. I didn't use candy canes as I had none and I added a touch of orange extract. I think I should of cooked them a bit longer though as the middles are a bit chewy. For me an  hour and half was long enough to wait. The last time I tried meringue cookies I never got my 'batter' stiff enough, so I was pleased these turned out. I hour and half was long enough to wait. The last time I tried meringue cookies I never got my 'batter' stiff enough, so I was pleased these turned out. I just let my whisk attachment go for about 15 minutes (or maybe more I was multi-tasking) and wha-lah beautiful stiff meringue goo! his
Speaking of goo PJ got some super nifty goo at cubscouts tonight called Area 51 Ooze, it is a really cool slime that is way above par in the slime ooey, gooey, slime world! It glows in the dark and isn't sticky!

So we had a great Labor Day weekend and I'll be sharing pics as soon as I find what my sweet hubby did with the camera cord! That's what I get it for leaving it on his desk!

Well since all the kiddos are sleepin I guess I should too, tata for now!

No comments: