Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Skin Map by Stephen R Lawhead

  This is first book I've read by Lawhead, so I really didn't know what to expect. The Skin Map is the first in a series about Kit Livingstone, an ordinary guy who gets thrown into an extraordinary and somewhat scary adventure to find the skin map. The means of travel is interesting using Ley Lines. After learning about the time travel from his great grandfather, Cosimo, Kit wants to show his girlfriend Wilhelmina, however she ends up in a different time and place! The story is told from several points of view and takes us to different places and times! I have to say Wilhelmina's travels were my favorite, I kept wanting to get back to her story! The story sometimes felt disjointed and confusing, but was interesting enough to continue reading and read the next one. It wasn't a read in a day book, but still a good read! Also this is published by a Christian publisher and a slight element of that in it and was pretty 'clean'. 

I was given this book by Thomas Nelson and Book Sneeze to preview.

No comments: