Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado

_225_350_Book.72.cover

I was blessed to receive the book Fearless: Imagine your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado to review (and no, I by no means am obligated to give a good review)! Lucado appeals to a wide range of readers with this book that covers many of the reasons people today live in a constant state of fear and anxiety. There are a wide range of fears covered in Fearless from the fear of the flu, to the fear of our kids not fitting in, to the fear of death or the fear of terrorists. Do we need to be this way? Is there another way? He is constantly giving proof of why we don’t need to fear the big or the small with Jesus as our Saviour! He goes so far as to give us an acronym of steps to help us stop our fear and move on with living a bold and fearless life! Also Lucado does not forget to remind us of the one healthy fear to have!

I have to say, I don’t consider myself to have a tendency towards fear in general. But realistically we are all afraid of certain things, whether minor or major, rational or irrational. If I start thinking I could definitely make a long list of things I fear! I think this book could really help someone who tends to fear excessively, but I too am thinking twice at my ‘worries’ and find myself stopping more often to realize I shouldn’t be worrying so and maybe I'm not even aware of how much I do fear! Part of me wished the book had a bit more structure to be able to reference back to certain parts, but the way it was written made it much more storylike and therefore easy to read for someone like me who tends to prefer some good fiction! If you find yourself drawn toward the title then I’d say make sure you read it, it may be just what you need! And if you think you tend to not ‘fear’ things, you may just take your words back and realize how much time you waste fearing unnecessarily and learn how to let it go! One of my favorite parts of this book were some of the lists of verses, I felt (still feel) like I needed to put up a few of these lists on my walls!

I’d give this book 4 out 5 stars!

1 comment:

christy rose said...

Thanks for your opinion of this book Erica. I usually love Max Lucado's books. He is usually very funny. Does he use humor in this book too?